Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Courtney is Lost (Again...)

I feel like I spend a lot of time apologizing for not updating my blog with interesting things or new topics. But I've found that when living in a place (as opposed to traveling) things become very regular, normal, and almost mundane. And therefore in my mind not blog-worthy. But one of my New Year's resolutions is to keep trying to look at things with new eyes and see the interesting things that make living in Uganda different from the US. Because there are MANY, even though sometimes it's easy to forget...

But as most New Year's resolutions tend to work, that starts later. Because now I am just too busy! As many of you know, my parents are currently in Kampala visiting, which has been lovely. We haven't done all that much (except for two weekend trips to the Nile and Mabira Rainforest), but it's been nice to show them how my life happens here. And hopefully they appreciate seeing my life as opposed to just the Uganda travelers circuit. Because trust me, my life is not a constant safari!

But that being said, as of Thursday morning, life will be a safari. At least for the next two weeks! We will be headed to Murchison Falls National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, and Lake Bunyonyi in Uganda; and then down to Rwanda, where we will visit Parc National des Volcans, Lake Kivu, and finally Kigali, where my parents will fly back to the states. So I will probably be out of blog range for a few weeks, but I promise blog posts upon return, both from me and hopefully a guest-post or two from the 'rents!

Hope all is well and happy 2009. More soon!

No comments: