Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dean Babcock's Top Ten

On their recent trip to Uganda, I asked my parents to guest blog (because I thought it would be interesting to hear what they have to say AND it allows me to slack a little bit longer on posting!). Apparently Mom took this as an excuse to brag about MOI (I am pretty adorable if I do say so myself...) Part 1 in Mom's 2 Part Uganda Blog Series...


Top Ten Reasons Why Parents Brag about their Children:

10. Their children grow up and do things they can’t do.
9. It makes them (the parents) feel important.
8. They have nothing else to talk about!
7. They think their kids are a chip off the old block.
6. They think they have something to do with the way their offspring are turning out.
5. When they brag about their children, they don’t have to brag about themselves.
4. No one else ever brags about their BRILLIANT offspring.
3. No one bragged about THEM when they were young :((which is not true in my case)
2. It feels good to brag about one’s own progeny.

And the Number One Reason Why Parents Brag about their Children:
1.Their children truly are amazing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dean Babcock is RIGHT! You are pretty impressive, Ms. Texas. :D